Personally identifiable information (PII) includes individually identifiable information such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, or Social Security number. We are authorized to collect PII from you on behalf of the insurance companies and other entities we represent. We protect this information in all formats including electronic, written, and oral information. Any PII we collect is used to assist you in obtaining health insurance or other coverage as requested by you and to assist you in resolving any issues related to your health insurance or other coverage as requested by you.
If you choose to give us PII, we may share this information with 1) CMS (a federal agency) and information will be maintained in a federal Systems of Records and 2) insurance companies or other entities so they can issue you a health insurance policy or other coverage and will be maintained in their systems. PII is used or disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Where required by law
- To you or someone who has the legal right to act on your behalf
- To your family or friends if you are unavailable to communicate, such as in an emergency
- To any person you identify as appropriate to receive your PII
- To the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services
- To assist you in obtaining health insurance or other coverage
- To assist you in resolving any issues related to your health insurance or other coverage
PII is given voluntarily. If you choose not to provide us with the PII requested, or not to respond to certain questions, we may not be able to assist you in obtaining the coverage you are looking for.
We reserve the right to update our privacy practices and the terms of this notice at any time, as allowed by law. This includes the right to make changes in our privacy practices and the revised terms of our notice effective for all personal and health information we maintain. This includes information we created or received before we made the changes. When we make a significant change in our privacy practices, we will change this notice.